? ??????????????We Belong Together? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 3225 Total Gra
bs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????It Must Be? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.7 (30 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 2762 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Co CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Friday, March 20, 2009

Do You Know What You Really Are Singing About?

"Hosanna" by Hillsong United

I see the king of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes
The whole earth shakes
Yeeeah

I see his love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing
The people sing

[Chorus]
Hosanna
Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest [x2]

I see a generation
Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith
With selfless faith
I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees
We're on our knees

[Chorus]

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from nothing to Eternity

[Chorus x2]

Hosanna in the highest

I've sung this song many times at youth group. Along with a lot of other songs, we just sing it. This is such a beautiful song but we don't pay much attention to the lyrics. Singing this song should be more than just saying the words. The last part (bolded for you convenience) is especially challenging.

Heal My Heart and Make it Clean:
Sounds innocent enough, right? But, healing isn't exactly a fun process. Nobody truly wants to clean their house! Even though healing and cleaning of the heart is sometimes necessary, it can be painful to give up things you are so used to living with. You can't heal and clean without God's help. Saying this means that you're giving God control over these circumstances, and sometimes we don't like the way he does things!

Open up my eyes to the things unseen:
You can see poverty. You can see the effects of war and abuse and all that, but can you can't see the things that really hurt on the inside. Learning about how people feel about things and learning about the pain they are hiding inside makes you hurt for that person too. Opening your eyes to the things unseen makes it so you are focusing on someone else and worrying about them instead of yourself!

Show me how to love like you have loved me:
Jesus loved everyone unconditionally. He spoke to people that nobody spoke to. He took twelve stinky fishermen under his wing. He touched lepers. He payed attention to little kids. Loving like Jesus means giving up your pride and talking to the girl that sits in the back of class that nobody likes. Loving like Jesus means potentially giving up your good reputation in order to be nice to the people no one is nice to!

Break my heart for what breaks yours:
This line was what inspired this whole post. It is almost like "open up my eyes to the things unseen" but it takes it a step further. You can see things and not react to them. You can see someone's pain and not care. Having your heart broken means a flood of emotion. You want to take action.

Everything I am for your kingdom's cause:
Notice that one pesky word, "everything?" EVERYTHING you are for the cause. Not just on Sundays or Wednesdays or late at night when you read your Bible or are too tired to. Everything.

Don't be intimidated to sing this song next time. Even though you will struggle meeting what the song says, pray that you will be able to incorporate these aspects into your life. Singing this song means that you aren't going to walk away the same. Think of the song more of as a prayer than an oath.

0 comments: